Monday, April 9, 2012

Clouds

You would think there were only sunny days in my life when looking at my landscape paintings.  Very rarely would you catch sight of a cloud.  Why?  Because I can't paint clouds!  Whenever I tried they would look like heavy clumps that couldn't possibly float in the sky.  "Look out below!"

This challenge is all about experimenting and trying new things, as well as slaying dragons of the past.  So, after deciding to attempt a cloud painting, I went to the PanPastel site and watch a half hour free video on painting clouds by Deborah Secor.  It was very helpful and I highly recommend it.  The price is right.

This is another Pan pastel painting and is painted on 5 x 7 Maize Pastelmat.  It is painted from a reference photo I took from our backyard.  As soon as I took the photo, I knew it was a good reference photo.  Not all photos are.  

Thanks for looking.

#20



Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment