Sunday, May 6, 2012

Starting the Second Quarter

Painting #31 seemed so far off a month ago, but here we are, thirty paintings to the half way mark of the challenge.  And the third day in a row I painted.  It feels good.

A couple of months ago I purchased some new pastel paper called Art Spectrum Suede.  It feels smooth to the touch, but I was surprised at how much pastel it took.  It will take a while to get used to it, but I think it could become another favorite.

I lined the light box with black paper and it made a big difference.  It was easier to see the reflective colors and I could see the shadows better and both of those things are important.  Maybe I will take a photo and show off the 'pour man's light box' in the next post.

This is painted on 5 x 7 blush colored Art Spectrum Suede paper using a variety of soft pastels.  Thanks for looking.

#31

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment