Friday, April 13, 2012

Across the Lake

After working on Pastelmat with the Pans, it crossed my mind that UART 800 grit paper should suit Pans as well.  I have tried the 800 grit paper a year or two ago without any success, but I thought it was time to give it another go and am I ever glad I did.  The paper doesn't hold as much pastel as other sanded paper, but the pans blend nicely and go on smoothly.  It will just take some more use to find out want I can and can't do with this paper.  I have quite a stash of it, so I am a happy camper to find a way to use it.

This is painted from a photo I took last summer while walking the trails at the bird sanctuary in Salmon Arm, BC.  I liked the view of the hills across the lake and the clouds just added to the scene.  These types of clouds are quite common around here and I am glad about that.  It is painted on 5 x 7 UART 800 Grit paper using Pan Pastels.

Thanks for looking.

#23


Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment